Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week 3 January 15 -21

Well here we are week 3.  Hope you all are keeping up with the reading.  I have gotten a couple days behind myself.  So be encouraged that we all get busy and have "stuff" going on.  Our time with the Lord - praying and reading is so very important.  I will be praying for you all as we read this year and please pray for me as well as your sisters in Christ to read as well. 

The account of Job continues...
Job says he is righteous and "friends" say "How can you be when you are full of sin?" They call him wicked and he is getting what he deserves.  How terrible to say to a friend.  That is why I wrote it "friends". 

If we GOT what we deserved it would be death.  Sin = Death.  But Jesus paid that price for us. 

Job was a good man but he is justifying himself at this point not God.  Then when God speaks Job listens and I am sure the "friends"  had their ears open and listening too. In Ch. 39 God spoke about how He made the animals and how they do what they do because He made them that way.  All they do and  have is because of Him.  Their strength isn't because people feed them well or when they give birth it is because the Lord PUT it there.  I was humbled by this.  ALL Power, ALL Might, ALL Things are because of HIM!!!

Job confesses and is forgiven.  God also spoke with the friends.  Job prayed for them and was blessed.  What does this tell us.  Pray for our friends, pray for those who bother us, pray for those who we may even call an enemy.  We will be blessed.   Jobs life was restored even more so than it was before.  Job died after many more full years.

Abraham
A Man Of Faith - We first start out reading how Abe is told to move.  So he packs and moves.  (I am told to move and I sit on it and say "are you sure?") 

Abe had an amazing amount of faith yet I always ponder when Abe told the Pharaoh and the King that Sarai was his sister. So he wouldn't be killed and it would go well for him. I think it is funny how he told the King that, "Well you see King -  she is my half sister because she was borne from my father just not my mother, so really she is my sister.  I didn't completely lie."

Abe is told he will have a son and he laughed. Gen 18:14 "Is anything too difficult for the Lord?"

Sodom is destroyed.  Lot was living in Sodom among the filth and wickedness.  But he did believe and protect the men of God. He was obedient and left.  Only his wife looked back on that life and "Poof" turned into a pillar of salt.  

Isaac - The account of Abe taking his one and only son to offer him as a sacrifice is such an amazing account of faithfulness. 
-He woke up early and went
-Had Isaac carry his own wood for the sacrifice
-He traveled 3 days (I cant imagine this.  Just walking with my son thinking about what I was to do)
   Of course Abe KNEW God Would Provide.
Sometimes we may be told by God to do something and be obedient.  It may take some time to "walk" and complete the task. But we have to have confidence in Him to know that He will ALWAYS provide and will never leave us on our own. What a great part of scripture to encourage us.

1 comment:

  1. There was so many things I wanted to comment on in this weeks reading. Sorry it was so long. There was also some things I skipped too. So please post a comment if there was things that stuck out to you as well. Happy Reading Love Jeannie

    ReplyDelete