Monday, February 11, 2013

Week Six February 5 - 11

Exodus 25
The instructions for the building of the Tabernacle. It gets a bit overwhelming to me to read all the details of what the Israelites needed to do to construct the Tabernacle. I think it is because I can't even read directions well and certainly can't read a set of blueprints.

But something I did take note of was that God told them to do this So He could live among them. 

Exodus 31

The skilled workman.
All of the skills we have are given to us by the Lord.  We must not boast over them because God put it in us to be able to do the things we do.  We can certainly glorify God with them.

Exodus 32
The golden calf
Do we every grow weary in waiting for the Lord?  The people did and they went to Aaron and asked for a god.  So Aaron fashioned one out of the gold earnings/jewelry. They worshiped it, sacrificed and danced around it. God is NEVER late.  He is ALWAYS on time.  Continue to wait on Him even when you think He isn't listening.  Because HE is definitely listening and we may need to learn to wait on Him.  He has perfect timing.
The people took matters into their own hands.  Lord then dealt with those who weren't for Him.

Exodus 34:6
The Lord is compassionate and gracious- slow to anger - abounding in loving kindness and truth - who keeps loving-kindness  for thousands, forgives iniquity, transgression and sin. Doesn't let the guilty go unpunished.

The more I am in Gods word the more He amazes me.  Shows me how Great and Awesome He is. We need to be reminded of this daily.  I'm so glad to be reading with you all and being reminded how good He is.

Exodus 35
V.5 Take up a contribution to the Lord, whoever is of a willing heart.
All that we give to the Lord should be from a willing heart.  You want your kids to listen and respect you but if they are only doing it because they are forced it isn't willing.  If a child takes out the trash but stomps out the door while rolling their eyes because they don't want to do it that isn't a willing heart.  It isn't always easy giving to the Lord but it is so worth it, every time!!!

Leviticus 2

The grain offering was to be of fine flour.
For the people to offer fine flour wasn't as easy as us going to Walmart and buying a bag of it. They had to grind it down.  The grinding was alot of work and took time.  It was a sacrifice to to give these offerings. Our offerings should be a sacrifice that costs us something.  That may be a financial or time or other things.  Even reading our bibles is a offering to the Lord. Praise Him in it and pray for your sisters that are reading with you.

As always please feel free to post comments or questions or words of encouragement.  Thanks

Happy Reading,
Jeannie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie,
    I would like to join with you all to do this Bible study. I have downloaded the first nine weeks of the reading schedule. Are we on week 7 this week? Just want to make sure I am starting in the right place. Thank you so much for the time you are putting into doing this blog. I am enjoying reading your thoughts on what was read for each week. As I have time I am going to try to go back and do the reading that I have missed so far. Looking forward to a great year of learning and growing.
    ~Lavon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you would like to join in. It has been such a blessing. Yes we are on Week 7 now. Today 2/12/13 is Week 7 day 1.
      I will add you to my list. I try to go through my list and pray for each one of you and your reading time each week.
      Happy Reading, Jeannie

      Delete
  2. I tried to envision the tabernacle as I read along. It just got too involved!I thought about trying to draw it out, but decided I would probably fail at that!

    Yes, God's timing is always right. We are the ones that are impatient and run around with blinders on!

    Even though we have the Bible, with all of it's instructions and examples, I am afraid we are probably just about as "stiff-necked" as the Isaelites were.
    Well......me any way!

    Love you, Julia

    ReplyDelete