Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 15 April 9 - April 15

Psalm 26
David has integrity and trusted in the Lord faithfully. In verse two he said, "Examine me O
Lord, try me, test my mind and heart."
He walks in the Lords truth and stays away from evil.

1 Samuel 21
David goes to Ahimelech, the priest. But the only food the priest had was the consecrated bread. He gave it to David as well as giving him the sword Goliath.

Psalms 34
I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall be continually in my mouth. Boast in the Lord. The Lord hears our cries. V. 8 Taste and see the Lord is good – how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! Fear Him. Keep tongue from evil and deceit. Depart from evil and do good, seek to pursue peace.

Psalms 56
V. 3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. What can man do? God is for me.

1 Samuel 22 / 1 Chronicles 12
David escapes to a cave and family found him and went to him. He tells the men if you come peacefully I will be united to you. But if you betray me God will decide what to do with you, the blood will not be on my hands. The men came to help him and they were united with him.

Psalms 141 & 142
David calls out to The Lord. He asks the Lord to guard his mouth and lips. He knows God is still with him and that God is his refuge.

1 Samuel 22 & 23
Saul found out that the priest helped David and gave him Goliaths sword. He ordered for all of the priests to be killed. The servants would not kill the priests but Doeg did and he killed 85 of them.
Abiathar escapes and goes to David and tells him. He says with David.
Philistines attacking Keilah So David asks the Lord, "Should I go there?" and the Lord told him "Yes, go" David and his men saved the people.

Psalms 52, 109, 140
The steadfast love of God endures all the day.
David gave himself over to prayer he gives thanks to the Lord and praises Him.
The Lord is the strength of my salvation.

1 Samuel 23
Saul pursues David in Keilah. David escapes. David and Jonathan made a covenant. Jonathan told David that he will become king and Saul knows this too.
Saul sought to take David's life every day.

Psalms 13, 54, 17
V 5 & 6 But I have trusted in Your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.
God is my helper – the upholder of my life.
Hear me oh Lord, You have tried my heart, You have tested me. You will find nothing sinful in me.
I'm amazed at the heart of David in this Psalm. He follows the Lord faithfully and trusts in Him. Even though his enemies seek to kill him, he praises God and continues to keep his eyes focused on Him.

1 Samuel 24
Saul continues to seek after David to kill him. Saul goes into cave where David is hiding. Men tell David that the Lord will give Saul into his hand today. David cuts off part of Sauls robe. When Saul leaves the cave David calls out to him. David falls to ground before Saul. Saul weeps because he knew that he had been evil to David. Saul said that he knew that David would become king. Then Saul returned home.

Psalms 57, 108
Gods steadfast love is great.
My heart is steadfast with God. Sing and make melody with all my being David said. Praise God. Exalt him.

1 Samuel 25
Samuel dies. David asked Nabal if he would help feed his men. Nabel said no. Abigail, Nabals wife, was discerning and smart. She knew that if she helped David she would be blessed. She prepared food and went out to meet David. Because of her obedience David made a covenant with her to not destroy all of the men. Nabal then died 10 days later. David took Abigail to be his wife.

1 Samuel 26, 27
Saul again went to kill David. David again spared his life because Saul was the Lord's anointed. David then fled to the land of the Philistines. Saul no longer pursued him. David lived in the land of Gath. The king was happy because he figured all of Israel wouldn't like David and David would be his servant forever.

David had many opportunities to take Sauls life from him. But David knew right from wrong. Even in his deepest, darkest times he praised the Lord and he prayed to Him seeking His word. David is such an awesome example of what a Christian should be like. He didn't just do things quickly, without thought.  He prayed and seeked the Lord in all things. Then when he heard the answer he went forward. 

Happy reading – Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment