Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 16 April 16-22

Lots of page flipping this week. But good since we are reading chronologically. Hope you are all still reading and being blessed by God's word.

Day 1
We start out with the Philistines gathering to go to war against Israel. Saul prays but doesn't get an answer so he seeks out a medium. Even though he earlier had banished all the mediums. He now decides he needs one. Very sad because he continues to move farther away from God. The medium brings forth Samuel. Saul is now told that he and his son will die tomorrow.
David meanwhile is with the Philistines but is told to stay behind and not to fight with them. Even though David was committed to them now they knew that he would not kill Saul or Johnathan. David had a loyalty first to The Lord and His people.

While David and the men were out there town was raided and the women and children were taken. David and his men went out after them and got back everything, including all the women and children.  None were missing.

Saul was killed. He didn't keep the commands of The Lord and it led to his death.

Day 2
Man comes to David to tell him about Saul and how he killed him because he had been wounded. But David killed man because it was a very serious thing to killed or hurt the Lords anointed.

David becomes king. Every time David was to go to war he would inquire of The Lord and ask if they should go up to war. He would wait for the answer and then do what he was told. David continued to grow stronger and stronger. He continued to show his faithfulness to Gods people.

Day 3
Many men came to join with David. A great coming together and feast. There was joy in Israel.
Ps. 93 - The Lord reigns and He is mighty.
Ps. 95 - Sing to The Lord make a joyful noise. Let us worship and bow down before The Lord our Maker. He is our God and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.

Day 4
David is getting greater and greater because The Lord of hosts is with him.
Ps 118 Oh give thanks to The Lord for He is good and His steadfast love endures forever. Lord is on my side I shall not fear. What can man do to me? Lord is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation. This is the day that The Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Ps 101 David wants to walk with integrity of heart. Don't set my eyes before anything worthless.

Day 5
Ps 139 The Lord knows me and knows everything about me. He formed me in my mothers womb. I praise God because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The Lord knew me before I was formed, precious to me are Your thoughts. Search me and know my heart. Try me and if there is any grievous way in me, lead me to the way everlasting.  What a prayer to pray and ask of the Lord to show us the ick that is in us.  We should want to be open before the Lord.  He knows us inside and out anyways.  Even the thoughts of our minds. 

David is wants to bring the ark to City of David. Must be brought by the Levites. The whole time they brought it they would sing, praise, dance and make music to The Lord.

Day 6
The ark had to be properly carried by those God had set apart to carry it. Even though the ox stumbled the man should not have touched the ark. We can not touch or see God. We are sinful beings. We will be killed instantly. Just as Uzzah was. It might sound cruel or mean but I am honored and relieved that I serve a Holy God that can have nothing to do with sin and evil. This is why we need Jesus. Because of Him I can enter in. I am covered because of His blood and sacrifice.
Ps 68 Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered. Sing to God and praise Him.

Day 7
The Ark is brought up with singing and dancing.
Ps. 24 God is the King of glory! The Lord is strong and mighty.


Happy Reading - Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment