Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Week 17 April 23-29

Day 1
David appointed Levites as ministers before the ark. David also appointed that thanksgiving be sung to the Lord. V.8 Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name. Sing praise to Him. Seek Him continually. V.25 Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised. The Lord reigns.
Ps.98 Make a joyful noise to the Lord.

Day 2
When David came home to bless his house his wife Michal told him it was shameful. He did it for the Lord, but she was embarrassed by him. David danced and worshiped with all of his might for the Lord. Because of this his wife was childless because he estranged himself from her.
Lord gave David rest.
David wanted to build a house for the Lord. He asked Nathan if he should. Nathan told him to do what was in his heart to do. But later the Lord came to Nathan and told him not to have David build him a house. The Lord said that Davids son would build the house. V.14 I will be his Father and My steadfast love will not depart from him.

2 Samuel 7
David asks the Lord,"Who am I that I am so blessed?" Do you ever feel this way, and ask the Lord the same question? I do all the time. We serve such an amazing God and He is so good to each and everyone of us.

Day 3
David takes refuge in the Lord. And there is no good apart from Him. Set the Lord always before me because He is at my right hand and I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my heart rejoices. V.11 In the Lord's presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand is pleasures forever.
Ps. 9 Give thanks to the Lord with a whole heart. The Lord is the stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Day 4
With God we shall do valiantly, it is He who will tread down our foes. David reigned over all of Israel. He administered justice and equality to all of his people.

Day 5
David sang a song of deliverance.
Lord is my rock, fortress and deliver. I take refuge in Him, my shield, horn of salvation, stronghold and my refuge my Savior. I call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised and I am saved from my enemies. The Lord rescues me and supports me. Gods way is perfect his word is true. He is a shield for all of those who take refuge in him. The Lord lives and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation.
Ps18 I love you Lord my strength. I call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised and I am saved from my enemies. How blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!

Day 6
David was looking to see if there was anyone still left from Saul's family. He wanted to show kindness to him for his friend Jonathan's sake. Jonathan's son was still alive. He told him that he would always eat at the Kings table.
David wanted to deal kindly but the men of Ammon. But the men did not believe it and they ashamed the men who came to tell them news. The men were told to be of good courage and to be courageous and let the Lord do what seems good to him. They knew that the Lords way was the best way.

Day 7
Ps 20 May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble and send you help. May the Lord fulfill all of your petitions. Some trust in chariots and some in horses but we trust in the name of the Lord our God!
David did what was right in the eyes of The Lord. Except with Uriah the Hittite.
David stays home from war. He was walking on his roof and saw the beautiful woman bathing. David sent for her and he lay with her. She becomes pregnant. Then David had her husband come back from the war and he wanted him to go and see his wife. David was trying to make him lay with his wife so that he could take the guilt away from himself. But Uriah was a good man and would not do it because all of his other men were at war and why should he go to his wife they were fighting a war. David even try to get him drunk but it still did not work. Then David sent him back to the front line and had him killed. Nathan comes to David and exposes his sin to him. David deserves to die but he repents for his sin. God allows him to live but there will be grave consequences. The child will die.
Yes what David did was terrible and we all seem to remember that part of it. But he also did a lot of things that were great. Yes David fell he sinned but he did live a life that this was not the pattern. We all sin and do things that aren't right. But God is a forgiving God and loves us. There will be consequences but God still forgives if we ask and repent, humble ourselves before Him.
We can learn a lot about the man David. He was a man after gods own heart. But he too had struggles still God loved Him.

Happy Reading - Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment